LOUISIANA PACIFIC - THOMASVILLE, AL OSB MILL
G.A. West was awarded the lump sum contract for the total grass roots site concrete installation at the OSB Mill in Thomasville, Alabama.
The project consisted of the installation of approximately 30,000 cubic yards of concrete with the largest single continuous pour at approximately 3,000 cubic yards. An excess of 500,000 man hours was worked with zero lost time injuries.
NOVELIS PROJECT GOLDENEYE EARTHWORK
G.A. West is currently performing the earthwork for the Novelis aluminum recycling facility in Bay Minette, AL. The scope consists of initial clearing and grubbing of the site, mass excavation of the site, development of a rock pad for the building footprint, installation of settlement ponds, and installation of subbase for roadways. The project highlights include:
- Clearing and grubbing over 600 acres
- Cut and fill of over 7,000,000 cubic yards of dirt
- Installation of 150,000 tons of base for the building pad
- Installation of 125,000 tons of base stone for roadways
- Installation of 60,000 tons of base stone for laydown areas
- Installation of 6,000 linear feet of storm drain pipe