Creola, AL | OTHER
Legacy Cranes & Equipment is searching for experienced candidates for the position of shop helper. We appreciate you taking the time to review the list of qualifications and to apply for the position. If you don’t fill all of the qualifications, you may still be considered depending on your level of experience. Details below:
Responsibilities for shop helper
• Load, unload, and identify materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications
• Keeping shop stocked and clean
• Parts runner for various parts and supplies for the shop
• Occasionally assisting mechanics with repairs
• Deliver equipment to other shops and project locations
• Assist with detailing, washing, cleaning and sanding equipment
• Help keep shop and yard storage area clean and orderly
• Help on mechanical repairs on trucks and equipment
• Check and prepare service trucks for use
• Clean and pressure wash equipment prior to repairs
• Help keep yard in order and organized
Qualifications for shop helper
• Working knowledge of hand tools and power tools such as a grinder
• 25 years old preferred but not required
• Able to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs without assistance
• Ability to perform cleaning and janitorial type duties
• Valid drivers license with good driving history.
High school diploma or GED is required.
G.A. West & Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It has been, and will continue to be, G.A. West policy not to discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, genetic information, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender, disability, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law for all personal actions and all phases of recruitment and/or employment.