Mobile, AL | CRANE OPERATOR
G.A. West & Co. has an opening for a NCCCO Certified Crane Operator in Mobile, AL. Details below:
We are looking for a crane operator to safely transport loads to construction sites with the use of lifting equipment, such as cranes and hoists. You will work closely with construction workers and ground operators to complete your daily duties. You will also perform equipment inspections and repairs on a regular basis.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience with cranes and building materials. Problem-solving and attention to detail are also must-have skills for you, so that you can adapt to different weather conditions and settings.
- Operate cranes and hoists
- Transfer loads to construction sites and discharge safely
- Bind loads to cranes
- Inspect equipment and machinery
- Keep and update maintenance and activity log
- Carry out basic repairs to machines
- Set up machinery based on complex manuals
- Coordinate with ground operators and interpret hand and verbal signals
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a crane operator
- Working experience handling different types of cranes
- Ability to lift heavy loads, work in heights and stand for long hours
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Pass medical, drug and background check
- Class A CDL is required
- NCCCO is required
G.A. West & Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. It has been, and will continue to be, G.A. West policy not to discriminate based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, genetic information, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, gender, disability, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law for all personal actions and all phases of recruitment and/or employment.